Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Just a smile...

Today was so hectic...I ran 10 miles to start the day and can't wait until this training lets up a little. I then mixed up a batch of cookies so that they could cool in the fridge and be ready for Molly and I when Roz went down for her nap. After picking up Roz at my mom's and running some errands it was time to pick up Molly and head home for lunch with Ryan. After lunch there was cleaning and baking to do all the while throwing in a craft just to spice things up a bit...and did I mention that our good friends were coming over for supper since things have been so hectic and we just don't get to see them as much as we would like? Well after decorating the cookies and their plates then finishing up supper just in time we had a great time visiting and enjoying our company. As I came in here to finish up some work on the computer Roz was screaming and through her screams (they are loud) I could hear Molly singing Silent Night to her and my heart just melted. It was quiet at first and then Roz became calmer and you could hear Molly's sweet voice trying to comfort her sister. That is what life is all about...the still small calming voice from those that love us the most. Thank you God for my life. My girls, husband and friends are all gifts from you. Help me to not forget......

No comments: