Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The MOST wonderful time of the year...

Well things are going good here. We finished our second batch of cookies today for Christmas. I figure that if we bake one each week then it won't be as overwhelming as trying to do it all at once. I love to give a plate of cookies to friends & neighbors...although I do get carried away sometimes....wanting to decorate the packages and all. The whole idea is to save $$ and give something "homemade". Molly really enjoys baking with me. I really have to be careful though. Today I sat and listened to myself get on her for not doing it 'my way', and hated what I was hearing. I really try to make it fun for her and have to watch myself. So far this year we have made 2 batches of cookies (I know I already said that), one gingerbread house and homemade stockings (which I totally love). It really has been fun doing things with the kids and I look forward to spending many more Christmas's with my girls.
I FINISHED 18 MILES! Last sunday I RAN 18 miles. We had a really busy weekend and I just wasn't sure if it was going to happen but it did. I felt really good at the end and the sense of accomplishment was unbelievable. Then monday morning came....wow. My legs felt like 2 huge bruises, I couldn't bend and walking was a real challenge. I was supposed to run again on tuesday but my alarm went off tuesday morning and since I couldn't get out of bed I decided that another day of rest was probably best. Then this morning things went fine. I have a night race tomorrow...it is called the jingle bell run, and it should be fun. I think that everyone wears bells on their shoes and there are lots of lights and festivities for the whole famdamily. The girls and Ryan are going with me so we shall see....
As for our busy weekend last weekend, I can't really remember what we did other than church Saturday night, the beach Sunday morning (followed by the 'kids eat free' at the Oaks BBQ), my run and then dinner at Artie and Madelyn's. Artie fixed us tacos and I have to admit that he is a fine cook. We like spending Sunday evenings with them, it give the kids something to do so that we can all watch football! Yeah!
My Christmas shopping is just not really happening. I am trying to be extremely frugal with the ecomony and our work being so light so I guess that my strategy thus far has been to just ignore that gifts for the girls eventually do have to be bought. Hopefully things will change....and like soon. I did finish and order our Christmas cards yesterday...I really enjoy making them and hopefully they will come out to my satisfaction. Well I need to get going. I am leaving you with a couple of pics of the girls.
Molly and her Gingerbread Creation


Ryan and Roz watching a Christmas movie
Molly and her 'masterpiece' cookies



Until next time....

3 comments:

Jamie Truelove said...

sugar cookies with sprinkles are the best! My babysitter always lets the kids make those, my mom does the gingerbread house, and my MIL usually does cookies too. I guess I'm missing out...but I don't really mind as long as they r doing it with people they love...

Tera said...

Looks like you girls have been busy little bees! We made Christmas cookies yesterday too. Hope the potty training is going well. (Oh- did I ever email you after your comment on my page? Sorry!) I say, Go with panties online. Pull ups are a joke. I've never bought them and never will. Good luck!

The Canups said...

I love reading your blog and catching up on you and Ryan and the girls! It sounds like you are quite the little baker! Good luck with your runs coming up, when is your marathon?