Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Home again...

Well we made it back to Florida Sunday morning around 6:15 am. I think...I was totally delirious. That traveling through the night twice in one week was too much for me. Sleep was impossible when we got home since the girls had slept most of the night and were raring to go. Finding a sitter at 6:15 am on Sunday is also impossible so needless to say I wasn't worth a darn on Sunday...or Monday for that matter. We did get our Christmas tree and decorations put up yesterday. It was so much fun putting them up with the girls. Roz did take a nap and gave Molly and I some time to finish up. Molly was so good...she knew exactly were she wanted to put everything and I must admit she has a great sense of style (most of the time).

As for our trip, it went good. We got to see most of our family and enjoy the cold weather for a change. Molly spent a lot of time playing with Allison. They played so good I was totally amazed. I know that I only heard of them fighting once or twice which is a big change from when her and Maddi get together. I guess it is always fun to play with someone new and Allison seems so easy to get along with. She is so soft it is unbelievable. Especially compared to Molly. One day we went to visit my Grandma Needie and Shawna & Allison went with us. As we were leaving the parking lot I asked if everyone was buckled in only to look back and see Allison tearing up. She couldn't get her seatbelt buckled. If that was Molly there would have been lots of screaming and thrashing but not Allison...only tears for her. She is so sweet. Being around her and Shawna make me wish that we could live closer...or better yet they could live here.

I got all of my training runs in while there. It was a challenge finding routes to run and trying to stay warm and out of the wind. The hills there were definately not easy and my thighs were burning for several days but all in all I am sure it was good for me...especially after consuming all of that turkey, dressing & dessert on Thanksgiving.

Marcy & Charley were the best hosts as usual. They always make us feel right at home and I appreciate them more and more every year!

Now onto another busy week of work, school (for Molly & Ryan) and preparing for the Holidays...the MOST wonderful time of the year.

Oh yeah, we are potty training Roz this week so please say a little prayer for me...I hate messes!

Until next time....


Photobucket

2 comments:

Jamie Truelove said...

we've been potty training Jacob for 1.5 yrs now. Finally made some progress this weekend. Hang in there! She'll do it. You obiously have done it before w Molly. Every kid is different...guess we should b thankful! A friend of mine recommended the book "Potty training in 3 days"...I never read it, but may be soon:)

Unknown said...

I loved your "old movies"! That took me back a few years.