Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Molly is reading!



Molly is just amazing us with her intelligence. She has always caught on to things way before her peers and she literally thirst for knowledge. I have been amazed by her since an early age. She was able to sing the state song before she turned 2. I think I might have said this before but I prayed before she was born for a happy, healthy & smart child and boy did God answer my prayers! Anyway....she has been trying to read for probably about 6 months now (she is just 4). I have kind of put her off because I really didn't know how to teach her. I just thought that was something that she could learn in school (and I really didn't want to give up the secret "spelling" language that Ryan and I could communicate in). Well she finally gave up on us and has basically taught herself. A few days ago she pulled a book off of the bookshelf and read all but about 2 words in it. I was super proud but deep down wondered if it was just by memory...we must have read every book on there 100 times. So today the true test came, we went to the library. She picked out a 'beginning reader' book and read all but a couple words to me on our drive home! I was so proud that I must have been beaming. She is such an awesome learner and Ryan and I are so proud. Here are some pictures of her reading and one from when she was 9 months old...she got an early start.

I had to throw some pics of Roz in the mix too. She is up to the same old stuff, trying to fit into trash cans, climbing on the bar height chairs & eating crumbs from the floor. Don't get me wrong, she is a joy beyond words and we love her more and more everyday! I feel so blessed!

Until next time....

Photobucket

No comments: