Thursday, September 18, 2008

Home sweet home!

Well I am back from my travels to IN. I have to admit that home is such a great place to be. It is funny how as a mom for the last 4+ years I have looked forward to the time when I could have a few days to myself. No diapers to change, no snacks to fix and no noses to wipe. But let me tell you, it wasn't the glorious time that I envisioned it being! First of all the reason for my departure was not a good one and that certainly added to the despair that I felt while away from my husband and kids. I was actually sad that someone else was doing all of those 'chores' and that I couldn't be a part of their daily lives for a while. It really is true that "absense makes the heart grow founder".

The events that transpired requiring me to leave my family behind for a few days have really made me think over the last couple of days. I know that God uses all events to draw us closer to him and mold us into his people and in that way I am grateful for what has happened. I found myself seeking him more in the last few days than ever before and I really felt like I drew closer to him. I realized that my everyday frustrations are really small in the grand scheme of things. Life is so precious and it is so important what we do during our lives. My cousin Patrick touched so many people with his kindness and his huge heart. I mourn for those that loved him the most and the void that will now need to be filled by his absense. My prayer is that his loved ones will allow God to fill that void in their lives and heart. And that they can now work toward meeting our savior when the time for our lives are over.

As for how things went in FL while I was gone...I came home to a clean house, clean dishes, clean laundry and clean children! As you can tell Ryan knows exactly what is important to me and how I like things! He is such a great father and husband. It actually made me feel a little unneeded until Molly told me a million times how much she missed me and loved me. I was so glad to see all of them...what a precious sight! Roz on the other hand acted a little strange. I got my hair cut & colored while I was gone and I think that she almost didn't recognize me....or she was giving me a hard time for being gone. As we left the airport she started to warm up a little and by the time we were out of Tampa she kept saying "mommy, mommy, mommy"! What a sweet sound! After dinner I took the girls to the grocery store so that Ryan could have a moment of peace and quiet and I think that it was good for everyone. I just can't say enough how good it is to be at home with my family.

Well, I need to get things back in order here before Molly needs to be picked up from school.

Until next time....

Photobucket

No comments: