Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Yeah Fall!!!

I can't believe that fall is here! There has actually been a change in the weather here in the last couple of days and it feels great. The days are still pretty warm (high 80's) but it actually cools off a little in the evenings through morning time (low 70's). My morning runs have been much more enjoyable and I actually contemplated wearing a short sleeve shirt today. It is hard to imagine that in a few short months I will be in long pants and double shirts;)

Marathon training has been going well for the most part. I have a weird right leg injury or strain. I am not sure what happened but it is sore in different areas. As soon as I get one area fixed up another seems to be sore. Hopefully it is nothing big and I will soon be injury free and on my way to the 26.2 mile race! I ran 7 miles last weekend without a hitch but kringe at the thought that I am only about 1/4 of the way there. I'll keep you updated.

Molly had her school pictures taken today. I ordered the smallest package not expecting a great picture. I'm sure it will be interesting. Molly has been in trouble at school at lot lately and I was mostly freaking out about it until a good friend reminded me that kids are not totally a reflection of their parents and overall she is a great kid. I get so worked up over these things and picture the future as so bleak and than remember that my God loves Molly more than I do and he desires great things for her...what a comfort!

Here is a video of Roz yesterday. She is just so fun (most of the time) right now. I love her expressions and how she loves to love on me. She is very much a cuddler and I love that about her.




Another thing I have been into lately is thegrocerygame.com. One of the mother's at Molly's school told me about it and it has really worked for us. We have saved over $60 in 3 weeks! I recommend it highly...and if you decide to try it use me for a reference (a78abel@yahoo.com). I think I earn free weeks or something. The way it works is that you pay $10 for 8 weeks. On Sunday you log on and get a list of the items on sale at your grocery store of choice, match the sales with coupons from the Sunday papers and voila....tons of savings. It is like a game and so far has been lots of fun. Let me know if it works for you.

Here are some pictures of Molly before school yesterday. She loves riding her bike to school and gets lots of attention from her classmates when she does. I like to let her do it because I can't imagine us living this close to her school for many years. Roz loves it too, we walk with her and Roz rides in the stroller.


Molly has been improving her reading skills tremendously over the last couple of weeks. She is just like a sponge and reads almost everything she can get her hands on. I hope that we can nuture that in her and she can gain all kinds of knowledge from books.

Roz is saying more words and has began to put 2 and 3 words together. She is growing so fast! She is such a little stinker and has really been using her climbing skills to get into trouble lately. Her latest thing is to climb on top of our desk and push the buttons on the printer and computer. She loves to explore and has enjoyed getting to play outside on the swingset again now that the evenings are a little cooler.

Well that is what has been going on here the last week. Until next time.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Roz sounds so sweet ! Molly looks great on her bike and the last time we were there she wouldn't ride it. I love my job...but sure makes it hard when I see pics of my little tweeties!!!