Saturday, September 13, 2008

Traveling again....

Many of you know that my cousin, Patrick Delaney, was involved in a motorcycle accident on Wednesday evening and passed away yesterday afternoon. I have been consumed with thoughts of what it must be like for those who were closest to him to have to endure this tragic set of events. It must be like a horrible nitemare that they cannot wake up from and my thoughts and prayers are with them continuously. As horrible as this is for all involved, I think that it is a great time for all of us to take a step back and realize how short life is and what is truly important. I know that me and my family have been doing a lot of re-evaluating and hopefully God is using this tragedy to mold me more and more into who he wants me to be.

Roz and I will be flying to IN on Sunday morning and I would love for you to say a little prayer that we will have a safe flight and travels to/from the airports. Molly is staying with Ryan so I am sure that a prayer for the 2 of them alone for a couple of days wouldn't be in vain;)

The accountant at Molly's school also lost her son in a motorcycle accident this week. He was only 18 and his mother is a very sweet women. Please keep them in your prayers also.

Other than that not much has happened here at the Abel household. A couple of the thing that I wanted to share that the kids have done lately:

The other night while Ryan was putting the girls to bed, Roz fell and hit her head (this happens around 20 times a day). She started to cry and so I rocked her for a while before laying her down for the night. Molly decided that she needed to be rocked also and I just wasn't in the mood. I was looking forward to my 'free time' after the kids are tucked away in their beds and so I fought her on the issue. She moaned and cried and I have to admitt that I was a little harsh in explaining that I would rock tomorrow and that it was time for sleeping now. After 'the look' from Ryan I gave in and decided to rock her. Later that evening before I tucked myself in I was feeling a nudge that I should apologize to her and ask her to forgive me for not wanting to rock. I gently entered her room and asked her to forgive me for being so harsh. I told her that mommies make mistakes and that we need forgiveness sometimes too. She had a funny look most of the time that I was pouring out my heart and asking forgiveness and so after I was done with my speel I asked her if she wanted to say anything. She said "yes mom, could you take this booger from my finger and throw it away on your way out?" I guess that the point was for me to confess but I was really hoping for this precious moment between the two of us and she was worried about disposing of her booger the entire time...the joys of motherhood never stop!


Photobucket

2 comments:

The Jeffers Clan said...

How Funny:) We will be praying for your family as you travel. I'm sorry for the loss of your cousing. It's such a sad time around here. My sister's best friend is Tara (who was dating Fletch) and Tara's sister is my aunt...i know very confusing. I just feel so much for the families. They are all such great people.
Be safe and I'll be praying!

Tera said...

Andrea, I almost choked on my coke as I read your little booger story! :) You are setting a wonderful example for your girls.