Monday, July 14, 2008

Sick Girls

I just can't get over how horrible I feel, even physically, when one of my girls is sick. Molly had ran a fever off and on since last Friday and finally kicked it yesterday only to have Rozy catch whatever it is last night. Molly is a little different since she can at least tell us what the problem is but poor Roz has just been crying all day. Her fever tonite was 103, I looked in her mouth this afternoon and can see where her gums were bleeding from getting her jaw and eye teeth and now she seems to be tugging at her ears a little. Being a mother is just so hard. Just when you think that you have everything under control something like this happens and it seems to stop me dead in my tracks. I want to ask God what he has for me now because I am sure that I am about to be taught something meaningful again...it always seems to happen this way. Not to get too personal, but I have also been struggling with some family issues the last few days. I feel a little down in the dumps anyway so I guess that I need to just look up and see what there is to learn. My girlfriend had some really good advise for me the other day and reminded me that even when I just want for God to 'fix' things that isn't always what he has in mind...maybe I need to grow and be taught something through the "trials". I hope that I can someday become what he wants me to be so that I don't have to go through this molding process anymore although I know that day will only come in eternity. Until then I will strive for the prize....



Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paranting is one of the most refining processes God puts us through. It is really hard to go through but the rewards are out of this world. One thing God taught me through parenting was that He is the parent of all believers and knows just how we feel as a parent. When his children feel pain He feels pain. Whatever his children go through is worse for him then them. (just like a parent) God loves and cares for us more than we do our children. I thank God for letting you be parents. You will be a more beatiful person as a result. Love ya, MOM

Anonymous said...

Hey Andrea! Just want you to know that I am thinking about you and you are in my prayers. Hope your girls get better soon. Love ya!

Jamie Knepp

Mandi Knepp said...

Andrea.... This is easy for me to say right now only because of my situation.... but count your blessings in a time like this! Enjoy those girls, love on them, and give them extra kisses when they don't feel good! I only say this because when they are sick, we as mom's usually lose our energy but after our accident I will hopefully never take advantage of those times. I look forward to the day that I can be back home and take care of gabe when he is sick. I can't wait to just get on the floor and play with him all day! So never take those cuties of yours for granted and love on them as much as possible at all times because we never know what tomorrow will bring! And believe me I never thought I would be where I am today! I will be praying for your family situation!
Mandi Knepp