Friday, October 3, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Us...

As I mentioned before Ryan has a love/hate relationship with this blog...this is the hate part,when I talk about him. Regardless, I just couldn't resist the opportunity to talk about us and how we got to where we are. Where to start has been quite a decision, and I have thrown around many ideas over the last couple of days. I hope you enjoy what I have come up with and I ultimately hope that Ryan doesn't get too embarrassed.

It all started when my mom was pregnant with me and Ryan was a newborn. My mom attended the grand march for Prom in the spring of '78 and Marcy was there as well showing off her newborn baby boy. Since it was late in my mom's pregnancy, she was drawn to the new baby that Marcy was so proud of. She held Ryan that night and I like to tease Ryan that his fate was sealed at that point!


Although it was a magical beginning, things weren't always wonderful. We dated off and on for 9 long years. I wanted to marry Ryan early on but am so glad that he didn't decide that I was the one until the perfect time. God had a plan for us.

We got married on a beautiful day in October 2002. Our marriage isn't without trials but I love Ryan more than words can say. He is my friend, companion, cheerleader, counselor and more. I couldn't have imagined life this good with someone if you would have asked me to. He constantly amazes me with his ability to handle the kids, college, work, home & family without complaining or compromising his values or standards. He is the most respectful, courteous and kind person, and such a wonderful example for our girls. I laugh and tease him that they are going to have such high standards for boyfriends that they will never find someone to live up to the example he has set. I feel so lucky to have him as my husband!

Here's to many, many more years together.....



Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea, the way you described your marriage was so touching! Stay as happy and as in love as you are today! Love, Your Aunt Patty

Susie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! May you be blessed with many more wonderful years together!!