Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Parent Teacher Conferences, Sports & Cold....

First of all Molly's parent teacher conferences were last night. I had mixed feeling about it because I know that her behavior at the beginning of the year was a little less than desirable (to put it nicely). But after talking to the teacher I couldn't help but feel a little proud of my scholar. I don't know how long Mrs. Beauchamp has been teaching, but she said that Molly is the most advanced reader that she has ever seen at this age. Molly just really enjoys learning and sometimes the other kids even ask her to read to them. I have to admit that was a really good 'mommy moment' for me...even though I can take zero credit for her abilities, which are all God-given. The other day she came to me and said "mom I can spell champion, C H A M P I O N". I think she had seen it on the cereal box but she definitly wasn't looking at the time. She really is amazing...and only 4!

Here are the school pictures that we got to pick up last night. The class picture is just priceless! And the one of Molly is so perfect...she couldn't leave the house for picture day with out big ribbons (which I totally don't get into) but I chose to let her pick. I can't wait until she gets to pick out more of her clothing...ha, ha!
Ryan and I were so excited for the Colts v. Titans football game last night (Ryan is a big Titan's fan and I DON'T like the Colts). We were a little torn over how to keep up with both the World Series game and the football game so we did lots of channel switching between innings and plays. We put up a good fight but decided to use the good ole DVR after about 10:30...I know we are weaklings. We were so glad to check things out early this morning and find the Titans were victorious (GO TITANS!...sorry all of you Colts fans) and that the Rays have another chance to redeem themselves. I love fall sports season!

I don't think that I mentioned that marathon training is not going real great. Last week I was battling a cold and couldn't train much so my weekend run that was supposed to be 12 miles turned into only 7 and I couldn't even run that whole distance. It was a real bummer for me so this week I have some ground to make up. This morning was my first run since feeling better and it went really well. The temp was around 50 when I left and it was quite a change compared to what I am used to...a welcome change I might add. We are supposed to have a high of 66 today but back up to 80 by the weekend.
The girls really had to bundle up this morning for their walk to school. I thought you would enjoy the picture. Ryan laughs at us but it really seems cold when you are used to 75+ everyday!

I guess that the laundry is calling. Until next time.....


No comments: