Saturday, May 17, 2008

Another Week Gone...

Well this week came and went like a whirlwind as usual. It seems that when people are here visiting time just seems to fly by. We had a really good week and we hate to see them go but it will be good to get back to a normal routine...especially diet wise. We really let our healthy eating habits go out the window when Grandma Marcy is here. She is always offering cookies and treats and to be real honest we just can't resist. I guess everyone needs a little something sweet every once in a while right?!?! Ryan always labels the week after they leave as detox (ha, ha), as it is always hard to get back to fruits and veggies. We sure do enjoy the break that G'ma Marcy brings though! Thanks Marcy.


The humidity arrived with a bang this morning! I left to run around 6:30 and it felt like a brick wall when I opened the door. I think the temp was around 78 but the humidity was at 85%. I still had a decent run. I am practicing for a 5k next Saturday. My boss said that if I would like to run that he would sponsor me and I sure couldn't pass up that opportunity. It will be at Siesta Key on the beach so I am anxious to see what running in the sand does to my time. I am sure that it will be a challenge but I am really excited. Running is one of life's pleasures for me.


I have to mention my great luck on tuesday. Mom called to say that her neighbor set out 2 matching bikes for trash, and being the eagle eye that she is for that, stuff she snatched them up. She gave them to us and they are perfect. We will need to get some new seats but other than that they ride perfectly. On top of that she said that we could borrow her child carrier so that we now have 2 and can take the whole fam for rides. I can't wait!


So after dinner we were trying out the bikes and my neighbor was walking her dog. I asked her about a wicker furniture set that she had sitting outside her side garage door and she said that if I wanted it I could have it. Apparently it was her daughters and they were going to sell it at a yard sale but she told me to take it if I wanted it. I couldn't believe it! It is in great shape and much nicer than the set that I currently have. I made a deal with Renita that if she would buy the paint for me to repaint the new set that she could have my old set for her condo and she agreed! So of course I got right on that and now have a new, freshly painted, set of wicker furniture for the lania. It was a great day.


An finally a pic to cap things off. Roz was playing after lunch on Wednesday with the toys in the baskets under the tv table. She emptied all the toys and crawled into the basket before realizing that once in she couldn't get out. It was just so funny.

Molly starts swimming lessons on monday night. It should be fun and I look forward to her being able to swim better. It is just such a job to take both kids to the pool maybe this will help!

Until next time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That picture of Roz is adorable!!!!!!! It seems like just yesterday that Molly, Maddi, and Allison were that age! She is growing up so fast!