Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy Memorial Day

I am so glad for the holiday weekend. We have done so much fun stuff already that I forget it extends into tomorrow. Ryan has to work tomorrow morning so we are planning a family cookout in the afternoon with hotdogs, hamburgers and potato salad...all a request from Ryan. Hopefully our grill will work well enough to cook everything...it needs a little maintenance that we have been putting off for about 2 years now.

Yesterday was a great day! I had a morning race on the beach. It was gorgeous out there! The wind was blowing enough to make it not too hot and the waves were crashing. I don't know how anyone can deny there is a God when witnessing that. It was supposed to start at 7:30 a.m. but was delayed 30 minutes because the sea turtles were blocking the route. Ryan and the girls came out to cheer me on and ended up making for the start instead of just the finish. They ended up re-routing the course and no turtles were harmed. I had my best 5K time at 24:29. I was rather proud of myself because the sand can be quite a challenge to run in.

Then after work we went shopping for a little while before coming home for nap time. We got the kids up and headed to grandma's to drop off the kidos so that Ryan and I could have a nice dinner at Stonewood Grill. It was so good and it is nice to spend time alone with Ryan...I most of the time have to fight 2 other girls for his attention. After dinner it was movie time at the dollar theatre. We seen the 'bucket list' and it was pretty good. We haven't seen a really good movie in a long time and have a horrible track record at picking bad ones so this was a nice change. When we got home G'ma & G'pa had the kids bathed & sleeping in there beds which was awesome! What a day!

Did I mention that Sunday is my 30th b-day? I guess that is the cause for all the fun stuff. I was completly terrified of turning the big 3 0 at the beginning of the year but have decided to embrace the decade instead. I look forward to it as possibly the best years of my life. I am so much more comfortable with myself now than I was in my early 20's that it has to make for a smoother period of life...right?!?!

I also have a huge praise report. Ryan and I are now debt free (except for our mortgage of course). We have been working really hard since mid-february and have sent our last payment out to become debt free once again. God has been so good to us and increased our faith tremendously through this whole experience. It is has been such a faith-builder and a lesson that if we are faithful with what we are given we will be returned it several times over.

I guess that is all for now. I will try and take some pics today and tomorrow so that I have some to post tomorrow. Have a great weekend!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Tera said...

Living debt-free is amazing, isn't it? Do you follow Dave Ramsey's plan? We started following his plan about 5 years ago, and I have to say living debt-free does a marrige good. ;) It's nice knowing other couples are striving for the same goal.