Monday, June 9, 2008

BBQ, Sleeping Beauties & VBS

Friday night we went to the benefit BBQ with the Steeds at Bethel and ran into a few people we knew. It is amazing how small the world is and how everyone is connected. The food was fabulous, Ryan said the best he had ever had, and it seemed to be a sucess. I hope that the family in need will be blessed. Afterwards we went to the park and the kids had a blast playing together. It is so cute to see them make-believe and what they come up with. I wish my imagination was that creative sometimes.

The kids looked so peaceful and sweet on Saturday night that I couldn't resist taking their pictures as they slept. That is the time when you love them the most ;) They had played so hard at my mom and dad's cookout that they were totally exhausted. Molly didn't get a nap on Saturday because we were working on cleaning up the new swingset and she actually slept until around 8 am Sunday morning. I kept on checking to make sure she was breathing because that was totally unusual!



The swingset was a huge hit as expected. It took some cleaning up but Ryan did a great job and it looks almost brand new. The girls had so much fun playing in it on Sunday and Roz just loves to swing. I think I almost forgot about her being in there she was so quite...just kidding!

Monday morning is my yardwork morning and the girls played so good outside. Roz swang forever and then played in their new 'house' until nap time. Maddi came over around 10 and as Roz went down for a nap Molly and Maddi had a blast playing for 2 whole hours while I finished working in the back yard. I just couldn't believe how good they were...not a fight or anything which is really unusual.

Last night was the start of VBS at Bethel and Molly and Maddi seemed to have a good time although they both admit to crying at one point. Molly says she cried because Maddi was and Maddi says "I just tried because". They both want to go back so it must not have been too tramatic. Maddi said her favorite part was the playground and Molly said her favorite part was the snack. Hopefully somewhere in between they learned about Jesus but who knows.

I will leave you with a clip of the girls swinging. My camera ran out of memory so it is short and sweet. Until next time....




Photobucket

1 comment:

Greta said...

Hey Andrea! It's been cool to "catch up" with your family on your blog. Your two little girls sound a lot like mine. Never a dull moment that's for sure!! And in case your wondering, No, I don't have a blog (yet!!). Some friends are trying to get me started but I haven't given in just yet. Glad to hear you guys are coming up in July. If your social schedule has any openings let us know we'd love to have you over. My email is andyren@rtccom.net. Blessings- Greta