Monday, June 2, 2008

Mowing disaster....

Well its mowing season again and I have already had it with our mower. Last month when we decided to mow for the first time we couldn't get the mower to start. Ryan worked on it for several hours and soon we decided to get some help. We decided that we really wanted to get a reel mower (no motor and more environmentally friendly which I like) but that if this one worked we wouldn't junk it for a new one. Of course after we loaded it up and hauled to Chris Graber's, he started it up and it ran like a top. I felt like an idiot but he didn't seem to mind so we brought it home and it mowed fine. Last week I used it on Monday with no problems again so I though it must be fixed. This week I went to start up the dumb thing and again it wouldn't run. Ryan came home and after working on it for awhile I said that was it...I was buying a new one. Shawna gave me a gift card to Lowes for my birthday and I had a $10 coupon so off to Lowe's I went. The salesman there did everything in his power to discourage me from buying the reel mower. He took a good look at me and said, "Now you know you are going to have to push this thing right?" I thought "do I look that stupid?" Then he said that it was going to be hard work. I think he didn't realize that I already mow the grass with a push mower so I explained that I wanted that mower because it was going to be quieter, use no gas, take up less space and that I had thought this purchase through. He reluctantly sold me the dumb mower, but while I was there loading the new reel mower into the cart Ryan calls...the old mower is fixed. I told him that I was done with that thing and we went ahead with the new mower. I brought it home, we assembled it and it worked perfectly. It was super easy to push (thank you mister lowes man) and it cut our grass just fine. Hopefully now we will have a nicely cut lawn and continue on our task to be more environmentally resposible. Anybody need a good push mower...

I also forgot to mention that one of my birthday gifts was being able to sign up for the Disney Marathon in January. I am super excited about running my first 26.2 and will start training more heavily in September. The summertime here is just too hot to train so I will keep a maintenance program going as much as possible and then start hitting it hard in the fall. I will keep you posted on my progress.

Also I wanted to mention that we have decided to take a family vacation to Indiana over July 4th if all goes well. Since we are now debt free we are trying to stay that way so hopefully we can save enough money to come by then...just a few short weeks. It should be a good break from here and hopefully we will get to spend some time with family and friends there over the holiday.

Until next time....




Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was afraid you were going to say that the new mower was horrible ! Please don't tell Aunt Kay for she will have a hear attack. What did Molly think of the mower ?