Wednesday, June 18, 2008

stages....

I know that I go through these stages often but I have lately been feeling like I have not taken advantage of this time in my life by always wishing for tomorrow. The girls are doing so much fun and cute stuff and I think that I am so selfish wishing for easier, less stressful times to come (as if they ever do). I have really made a commitment in the last few days to enjoy them today and in all the stages they go through. I want to be more patient with them and spend some quality time with them instead of thinking that the quantity of time I spend with them is sufficient. I guess I am posting this to make it more 'official'. I am putting it out there so that I can hold myself more accountable knowing that I have now told the whole blog world my big step. Motherhood has been such a roller coaster ride for me, nothing like I expected or anticipated and unexpected experiences around every corner. I want to be the best mom that I can and with God's guidance and help I know I can improve on my past performance. Thank you to all those mom's out there who have given me inspiration through your blogs.

Tonite I was posting a few new songs to the blog and Molly got out her dress up clothes to dance. I couldn't resist the video so here it is. Also aunt Renita said that she loves the videos on here and so this one is for her.



Also, tonite after baths and before bed I was singing Roz a couple of songs with Molly's help. I sang 'Jesus loves the little Children' and afterward Molly looked a little confused. The song has that line 'red, brown, yellow, black & white; they are precious in his sight' and she said that she knew Jesus loved her too, but wanted to know why 'peach' wasn't listed. It was so innocent and cute. I explained to her that her color was white and that Jesus did indeed love her but I could tell she wasn't exactly satisfied...her brain is constantly working! She is definitely the scholarly type! Bless her heart...

Until next time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the video. Also, I seem to be wishing away time with my girls as well. I made a commitment to myself about a month ago that I would no longer do that. Emma is growing up way to fast and I know Josie will as well. Also, I had to laugh when I saw Molly's kitchen, Emma has one as well. It must be a popular item. Well..have a good week!

Susie said...

I remember feeling the same way with Megan & Natalie when they were your girls age. I know everyone told me don't wish them away they'll be gone. And I remember thinking there is no way..but like your song. "they do". I could kick myself a 100 times for not enjoying my girls more when they were little..I was so worried about shaping them ito little adults and expecting they should be acting older than they really were and now I look back and realize that. But as moms we are human.

Just realize God chose you to be Roz and Molly's mommy and he created you specifically for them and to know what is best for them...so just rely on that motherly instict of yours and don't doubt it because it is from God!

Oh I love seeing Roz with her little stool...Megan had one she toted around all the time when she was that age too! She still loves to climb at age 9!

You can tell you are a good mommy because your girls faces reflect it!