Saturday, June 28, 2008

Catching up

Boy I feel so out of the loop. I didn't realize so much time had passed since my last post...I apologize! I got some comments from the last post that I enjoyed. It is always fun to know that people are actually looking at your posts.

Marcy...I'm glad that you can keep up with us this way and you can always call. You know me and that I will just tell you if I am busy and try to call you at another time. Don't be afraid!

Lisa...running in Chicago sounds great! I wish that I could enjoy the cool air here and it would be just perfect. I have been getting up and leaving the house before 6am and the temps are already 80+. I come home completely drenched and it is so humid I can barely breathe. I look forward to the fall/winter so I can be out more but am totally blessed to live in such a beautiful part of the country where I can run almost every day of the year! Where do you run in IN? I am going to be visiting next week and am already anxious about where/when to run. Also the Echincea brand is "Herbs for Kids". My sister has a link to their website on her blog. I just purchase it locally but she gets it for the same price online.

Susie...I will never get tired of your comments! I love hearing from you. Thanks for the warning about the bugs. Hopefully they will subside some before we arrive but I will definitely be trying the Listerine if not. Let me know if you get a chance to try it out.

Now for our week:

There was no preschool or VBS this week so I was a little worried about what we would do all week but apparently we found something to do because I don't remember being bored. Tuesday Tonya, Lily & Ivy came over for a play date. The girls enjoyed to swing set and then we had a snack. They had so much fun. It is so cute to watch them play. Molly and Lily totally play together and Roz & Ivy could care less about each other. They are too busy doing their own things. Its funny how things change as they age.






Apparently sometime this week we did manicure/pedicures because I took a picture of everyones toes...


The girls think that playing beauty shop is so fun and I have to admit that I like it too! One day they will hopefully be able to pamper me too!

Thursday I worked most of the day. Ryan stayed home with the kids. His work has been slowly but surely disappearing. Customers can no longer find the funds for extras and so they tend to cut us out. Praise the Lord that my business seems to be growing! I got another job on Thursday that will really help out. God is good and always provides us just what we need when we need it! I think that he does this to continually build our faith...it is working.

Thursday night Molly and Ryan went to the baseball game for dollar night. Roz would have been a mess so her and I went on a bike ride instead. It was nice, the weather had been cloudy all day so it was only around 84 and we didn't have to sweat the entire ride.

Then came Friday...what a day! It started out harmless enough with a little yard work and playing outside then in the house for naps and a shower for me. We planned to do Chic-fil-A for lunch with Ryan then a little shopping for our trip. Roz slept longer than usual and when she got up we headed to Chic-fil-A starving to death. About a half mile from home a man told me that I had a flat tire so I pulled over and sure enough it was completely flat. I could see the screw in it and so I called Ryan. He said that we should stay put and he would be there to help in 20 minutes. I thought we might die of starvation but don't worry we all survived the wait. I gave Roz her drink to hold her over and apparently she drank it too fast because it wasn't long until Molly was knocking on the window of the car saying "Rozy threw up!". It wasn't that bad but she did do a good job of getting it all in her car seat. So Ryan put the spare on and we had to change our plans from lunch at Renita's and shopping to lunch at home. In the middle of the chaos my boss called and needed me to come to work ASAP. Luckily I had time to catch a bite first and then spent the rest of the afternoon working (Ryan stayed with the kids again...what good daddy he is!). We then had small group last night and didn't get home until late. Did I mention that the tire did get fixed and put back on so I didn't have to drive on a donut? Ryan is so quick to fix those things...a good husband too!

I think that I forgot to say that somewhere in there, I think it was Tuesday night, I decided to put the girls back in the same bedroom at night. They had been sleeping in separate rooms at night since the early fall when someone got sick and kept the other one up (I can't even remember who). It was a total fiasco at first but they had so much fun that I couldn't even think of separating them. Once they fell asleep they slept well and even slept in a little...a miracle in itself! We decided that was a good thing so we took down the extra crib and things have been going great. They think it is like a slumber party every night and even ask to take naps together now. It is amazing how close they are already! I hope that continues....

Here is a video that I took yesterday as we were getting ready for small group. The girls play so good together but I sometimes wonder what the neighbors think. Check it out for yourselves.




Until next time....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ummmm...could you teach the girls that we don't scream in IN.......?!
Aren't they precious !