Thursday, June 5, 2008

scrapbooking, kinda

Yesterday was a busy and stressful day here at the Abel household. I had to work so that always makes things a little complicated, especially now that Molly is not in preschool. So off the the sitters we went. Roz fell down the stairs as we were about to leave and it was way worse for me than her. She went down head first and I just about lost it. She was fine and only cried momentarily but it was completely devastating for me. It was horrible seeing her tumble, knowing how badly it could turn out and being totally helpless. Praise God she didn't have so much as a scratch or bruise from the whole incident. Maybe I am going overboard but it just helped me to realize how much we have to depend on God to care for our children because we can't be there every second. He is so good to me and my family.

After such a stressful day I found I needed some time to wind down so Ryan swam with the girls while I did some digital scrapbooking. I am totally hooked. I just don't have the creativity gene and this way is totally easy. This is what I came up with last night...






Thank God today has been a better day. We went swimming this morning with our friends the Steeds and will maybe get the swingset that our neighbor is giving us cleaned up and ready to go this afternoon/evening.

I forgot to mention that I just read It's all about Him by Denise Jackson (thanks Brooke) and it was really good. Any more book suggestions would be great!

Until next time....
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andrea, Here are two suggestions for books: The Shack (fiction, but profound theology) and Mistaken Identity (about the Taylor students in the accident that were switched at the scene-one lived one died)- just an awesome expression of the faith and love of these two families. What program are you using for digital scrapbooking?