Saturday, June 21, 2008

parties, practice & preforming....

I couldn't resist posting some pictures and videos from the last couple of days. Thursday evening we went to Lily's birthday party and it was so much fun. Lily has been a great friend to Molly the last year and a half and we are becoming really good friends with her parents and little sis as well. Molly and Lily are about 2 months apart in age and Roz and Ivy are about 3 months apart so we get along really well and tend to be going through the exact same things which gives us tons in common. They are super nice people inviting us to lots of activities and events and we have really grown to appreciate them and their extended family over the past year. Lily's actual birthday is today (Saturday) so happy birthday Lily!!
Friday was the last day of VBS at Molly's Preschool so afterwards Maddi joined us for lunch, swimming and swinging. The girls had fun practicing for their finale on friday night and then enjoyed some popcicles in the playhouse. Maddi's cousin Tonya helped me keep track of all the kidos so that no one drowned in the little pool and then enjoyed a popcicle with the rest of us. Roz was having a bad hair day after the swimming...we can't wait for Amber Jo's arrival so that we can get a good cut for her. This video is of the girls practicing their song.




Then friday night was the big VBS finale. The girls had a blast singing and dancing and I caught a little bit on video. I was sitting behind them, as you will be able to tell, so unfortunately I couldn't get their faces. Roz was a mess the whole time wanting to join the big girls so for the last song we let her escape. She was so cute just standing there watching her big sis. They love each other so much.




Ryan and I are planning a much needed date for tonight. We are heading out to Stonewood Grill with a free appetizer and $50 gift card all for giving blood. There is this League of Donors here at Suncoast Communities Bloodbank and every time you give blood you get a stamp. After 2 stamps you get a free appetizer and after 3 stamps you get a $25 gift card at Stonewood Grill & Tavern. We used one appetizer card for my birthday and now we are going to use the rest of the goodies. It is a really good deal since we like to give blood anyway. It saves lives right ;)

And just a little update on my new committment to 'savor every moment' with the girls...things have been going good. I have taken more time to play and less time to work and the girls seem to be enjoying it. I feel good about what I am doing and less guilty about missing out. I know it will have to be an ongoing thing that I will remind myself of but I feel just a little closer to being the mom that God wants me to be (althought I know that I will always be a work-in-progress). I am tuned into his still small voice a little better and want to continue on the right path. Thanks for your encouragement!

Until next time....
Photobucket

No comments: